Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NaNoWriMo WITH ME?


Are you ready for the 30 day challenge?

 


If you're up for it, let me know. We'll go through this together, motivating each other to the finish. I didn't "win" last year. I tried, but I came in at 46k at the end of the thirty days. If you're interested, here is the link to my 2011 NaNo experience. 
 
I finished QUEST in January, and I'm super excited about how this story came into being. I took risks I wouldn't normally take because it was a NaNo project. I'm so glad I did.

 
 
 This year I'll either be working on the sequel to QUEST or the sequel to Juju's Child. FIXED starts where JC ended, but I think the rollicking fun of Quest II will get me through 30 days. One of the idea's I'm toying with is writing QII through the last book's side characters. I think it's time for Raphael and Dominique to have a voice.
 
As you can see, I'm pretty excited. I have outlines for both stories, so I need to decide which will be my NaNo project.
 
 After spending the last two months editing, I'm ready for the creative spark to shoot lightning out of my fingertips as they fly across the keyboard.  
 
If you're participating this year, please leave me a comment with your NaNo user name, and I'll be Writing Buddy. Also, for those who have read Quest and Juju's Child, maybe help me out. Which story do you think I should write?

Good luck and happy writing.

UPDATE: after brainstorming with my daughter and critique partners, I've decided to go with FIXED:)

 

13 comments:

  1. The more the merrier. I'm so glad you're doing it. Your stories are always so positively spooky. My user name on there is TraceyJ. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I am now your official NaNo buddy, unless I friended the wrong TraceyJ. I can't wait to go through this with you. I think being part of a group gives Nano an almost party-like atmosphere. It spices up our writing life, for sure.

      Delete
  2. I'm taking part in NaNoWriMo for the very first time this year and I'm really looking forward to it! I've literally just finished revisions on my WIP, so now I have one day to choose a brand new project to work on before NaNoWriMo begins. Only problem is, I don't know which idea to choose - I have too many!

    I haven't officially signed up yet, but will probably do so under the name Samara Jensen. Hope to see you over there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, choosing the Nano project is the hardest. I wrote the above post over the weekend, and I revised it three times. At first I had decided to write Fixed. Then I talked to my friend and chose QII. Finally, I gave up and decided to to put it out here for opinions. I have one day left to decide, lol. Good luck on making your own decision. Once you sign up for Nano, please friend me. I'm AngieSandro.

      Delete
    2. Okay, I'm all signed up and ready to go! I finally chose my project late last night after passing the decision to my CP to make. He liked a sample I'd written for one project much more than the other, so I'm going with the one he liked best. That way I can blame him if it all goes horribly wrong! : D

      Delete
    3. I did the same thing. I put to my critique partners who had read both stories. I ended up back on FIXED, which is what I'd planned to do. All that panic and flailing about yesterday...lol.

      Okay, I'll go hunt you down and buddy you.

      Delete
  3. I am way pasted excitement about nano, my writing group is having a write in dinner starting at 10:30 tonight and midnight we are all suppose to write for 1 hour. I really want to make it, but I can't see being out until 1am on a school night( I know call me a mommy:}).

    I think we are already buddies I am so excited to share this experience with you. I hope you have your motivating and creative hat on because I'm going to need it:)

    As I always say LET'S DO DIS BRUTIS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, this has been the longest day. I can't wait until tomorrow. We're going to have so much fun.

      Delete
  4. Good luck Angie. My Nanowrimo name is KennyC. I look forward to Sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be following you now. Here is my profile just in case. http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/angiesandro

      Delete
  5. Good luck Angie. My NaNoWriMo name is KennyC. I look forward to sharing the experience

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally signed up yesterday. Starting my thirty days today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky, Phillipine time. I'm your writing buddy now. For once we'll be crawling into the cave at the same time. Catch you on the flip side.

      Delete

Now it's your turn. What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...