Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Year of Fun-March

March has sorely tested my dedication to enjoying this year. I’ve spent half of it laid up in bed with bronchitis. I’ve barely touched the computer, except to check up on the queries I’ve sent out for Juju’s Child.

I discovered I made an amateur mistake on the first four pages of Juju’s Child. I had two agents request revisions due to those pages being more telling than showing.

Good grief! I knew better. It’s the first thing one learns when writing. Show Don’t Tell.

Thankfully, the agents were kind enough to point out my error. The first chapter has been revised, and I’m really happy with how it turned out. Now I’m getting requests off the query and sample pages. Yay!

The main thing I learned from my blunder is mistakes happen. They are unavoidable and you can’t beat yourself up for being human.

Learn and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn. What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...