Thursday, March 1, 2012

iPAD LOVE


There you go. I’ve confessed my dirty secret. I’m in love with my iPad. I didn’t think I would fall so hard. At least, not a first. When I saw it sitting on the shelf, I couldn’t look away. The shiny exterior called, “Take me. Take me, Angie.”

When I went through all its apps, I felt a little overwhelmed. One touch of a button, and I can check my email, Facebook, Twitter, listen to music, play solitaire and scrabble, watch Netflix and Hulu.

Again I say—love, love, love.

I realized it may be a dangerously addictive love while soaking in the bathtub. I had the iPad propped on the counter so I could watch a movie. Then, I moved from the bathroom to the kitchen to finish my movie while washing the dishes. When I went to bed, I turned on the iTunes and fell asleep with the iPad beneath my pillow. I brought it to work, and it’s sitting in front of my computer screen. Close enough to touch if I feel the compulsion.

I’m a little frightened. If I love it this much after only having it a week, how much more enthralled will I be once I learn how to work its magical features. Once I can swipe its screen with authority. Explore the brave world of apps I’ve never heard of, let alone discovered yet.

Breathe, Angie.

It’ll be okay. I’m still in control of my affections. I haven’t even officially named this new child of mine; although, I am leaning toward Binky Sandro.

7 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel, Angie. I have a Kindle Fire and I love it. I never thought about naming it, but maybe I should. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey,
    I have/had a Kindle. I lost it about four months ago. I hope it'll turn up, but I've looked everywhere. I even checked the refrigerator, hoping I had a senior moment and stuck it in there with the milk. No luck so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow.
    *panting*

    How is an IPad different from a Kindle Fire?

    I really, really, really,*etc* want one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huntress,
    I'm not sure. I didn't have a Fire which I hear has more features.

    I do have the Kindle app on the iPad, and I can load docs on it. That's the first thing I did. I put my wip on and read it through the Kindle program. The only issue I had was the formatting was skewed in places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting one for a while now too. I wonder if I should get one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate, I'm pretty happy about mine. But it was a birthday gift. The iPad 3 is coming out next month. My only frustration is that I don't have 3g and I'm cut off from email etc unless I'm at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new baby!

    I've had my iPad for a couple months. I love how I can synch my iPhone with it. I've added HBOgo in anticipation for the next season of GoT and Trueblood.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Now it's your turn. What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...