Thursday, February 2, 2012

R.I.P-THEO THE BEST TOAD, EVER

Did you know that when toads have a belly ache, they vomit up their stomachs? Yeah, me neither. Totally gross and traumatic for me and the kids. Usually, not so much for the toad. It’s a normal toad process from what I read on the internet.

Once their stomach is hanging out of their mouths, they brush off whatever is making them sick, and then swallow their stomach again. Theo didn’t swallow his again. I’m not sure why. Or what I could’ve done to save him since the exotic vet clinic was closed. Maybe shove it back in, that’s what some of the posts I read said to do, but…

Anyway, I’ll spare you the rest of the gory details so I don’t start bawling my eyes out again.

This is my last post for my wonderful, little toad, Theo. He passed away this morning, breaking my heart. I loved this little guy.

6 comments:

Now it's your turn. What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...